puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

David McCullough

I picked up my copy of David McCullough's new book, 1776, at Border's this morning. Yay! I hope to start reading it sometime this week. By the way, I saw that McCullough will be lecturing at the Carnegie Library next Monday in case you'd like to check it out. Details can be found here, along with a review of 1776. And while we're on the subject, here's a lengthy Post-Gazette piece on McCullough from 2001 that's well worth a read: "David McCullough: America's Historian, Pittsburgh's Son." He has some nice stuff to say about his hometown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home