Quote of the day
Today's quote comes from a post over at Moniales OP, the blog of some contemplative Dominican nuns: "The annual retreat is for nuns what vacation is for most people."
Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey
Today's quote comes from a post over at Moniales OP, the blog of some contemplative Dominican nuns: "The annual retreat is for nuns what vacation is for most people."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home