puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Monday, January 30, 2006

A Quote from a Desert Father

A man may seem to be silent, but if his heart is condemning others, he is babbling ceaselessly. But there may be another who talks from morning till night and yet he is truly silent, that is, he says nothing that is not profitable.

:: Abba Poeman ::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home