Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey
New Carpatho-Rusyn cultural center
They're going to convert this former Byzantine cathedral in Munhall into a Carpatho-Rusyn cultural center. More details can be found
in this article from the Post-Gazette. It seems that Pittsburgh has the largest population of Rusyns in the United States. I did not know that.
1 Comments:
I guess we will learn the origins of the words Bubbe and Halushki!
Post a Comment
<< Home