puritas cordis
Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
puritas cordis
Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey
Previous Posts
- GIFs are fun
- Archaeology roundup
- More on Baptism
- The Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul
- More on Christian symbolism
- Speaking of things to pray for...
- March for Life
- Maybe this will help
- Methane Rain
- Things I learned during my visit
- Daily Mass Readings
- Virtual Rosary
- Benedictine Oblates of St. Vincent Archabbey
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- St. Pachomius Library
- St. Emma Monastery
- Catholic Encyclopedia (1908)
- The Vatican Museums (take a virtual tour!)
- General Instruction of the Roman Missal (2001 edition)
- The Victorian Web
- The Republic of Pemberley (fantastic Jane Austen site)
- World Factbook
- The Summa Online
- Open Source Shakespeare
- LaserMonks (Toner Cartridges and Other Computer Supplies)
- Trappistine Candy (Really Good Candy!)
- Printery House (Christian Greeting Cards and Gifts)
- Monastery Greetings (Catalog that sells lots and lots of stuff from oodles of different communities)
- Pauline Books and Media
- Gethsemani Farms (fruitcakes, fudge, and cheese)
- The Abbey Store (A variety of stuff: food, gifts, books, etc.)
- Sisters of St. Joseph Ministry of the Arts (prints, prayer cards, calendars, and other gifts)
- Catholic Relief Services
- Habitat for Humanity
- Good Counsel Homes
- Food for the Poor
- Mom's House
- Aid to the Church in Need
- Catholic Near Eastern Welfare Association
- Feminists for Life
- Ambrose-a-rama
- Open Book
- Catholic and Enjoying It!
- Coming to the Quiet
- Happy Catholic
- Me Monk. Me Meander.
- Dappled Things
- Moniales OP
- Nunblog
- Open Wide the Doors to Christ
- Eve Tushnet
- Waiter Rant
- Alan Creech
- HMS Blog
- Shrine of the Holy Whapping
- Church of the Masses
- Annunciations
- A Penitent Blogger
- Rosary Novice

Papal prayer intentions for February
General: That the goods of the earth, given by God for all people, may be used wisely and in accordance with justice and solidarity.Mission: That governments of all nations may cooperate to fight diseases and epidemics in the Third World.
Intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
Spiritual stuff
Reference and literary stuff
Buy from these places and support religious communities
Very worthy causes
Blogs I read daily
Blogs I read occasionally
Previous

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home