puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Yummy!

Okay, this is the headline of the week for me: Titan Probe Drops Into 'Creme Brulee'-Like Surface.

The more I read the comments of these scientists working on this Cassini mission, the more I want to hang out with them. They say the funniest things, right in the middle of trying to be all serious and scientific:

We think this is a material which may have a thin crust, followed by a region of relatively uniform consistency," John Zarnecki, the scientist in charge of experiments on Titan's surface said at a televised news conference from the control center in Germany.

Zarnecki said one of his colleagues had suggested another analogy: creme brulee. "But I don't suppose that will be appearing in any of our papers," he said.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home