puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Coming soon

I taught an immensely popular adult ed. class last summer on the Our Father which broke down the prayer phrase by phrase and tried to help people better realize what we're saying when we recite this prayer that Jesus taught us. I thought it might be good to convert my notes from that class into a series of blog posts. So you will be seeing that appear here sometime relatively soon. I need to take some time to get it organized and polished up a bit. But first I have to sleep! :) I'm dragging big-time today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Oh caca! In my Psalms course last year we also took a loko at the Our Father, almost line for line, and compared it to the Psalmic traditions. I wish I had my notes here.
did you do anything like that, too? did you use Amy's Words we pray book?

3:31 PM  
Blogger LC said...

No, I put this one together to before Amy's book was published. (I have read her book since, though.) My stuff is based almost entirely on the Catechism. Section 4 of the Catechism, the section on Prayer, devotes a lot of space to the Our Father. I'd love to see a comparison with the Psalmic traditions. That would be cool, but the stuff I have is more general than that. Feel free to supplement the posts in the comments if you have anything to add. I'll try to get the intro post up tomorrow.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home