puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Mass has ended

The Mass just ended to much applause. Pope Benedict looks so happy. Since it's the Easter season, the choir launched into the Regina Caeli.

Now he's getting into the Popemobile. Wow. It looks so weird to see someone other than Papa John Paul in the Popemobile. What a huge smile Pope Benedict has on his face as he rides around blessing the crowds.

Viva il Papa! I plan to take him up on his request for prayers, and I look forward to seeing what he discerns as God's will for the Church. Unlike many, I have no agenda that I expect him to fulfill, so I'm just looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. I for one think he's going to be a wonderful Pope. A man of deep faith and prayer who seeks only to do the will of God to the best of his ability -- that's all I want in a Pope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home