puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Sunday, April 24, 2005

What I'm reading

They're distributing Communion now, which will take a while. So I thought I'd give a plug for the book I'm reading. I've had it in my stack of "to read" books for a long time, but obviously recent events bumped it to the top of the list now.


The Spirit of the Liturgy by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger


I'm only 2 chapters in, but so far it's fantastic.

By the way, if you want to find many, many books by then-Cardinal Ratzinger, go to the Ignatius Press website.
They've been the primary publishers of his writings in English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home