puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sign of peace

I love when you see Europeans giving the sign of peace to Americans. The Americans try to go for a safe handshake, and instead they end up with one of those double-cheeked kisses. They always look so stunned afterwards, even though they had to know it was coming. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home