puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Following the imposition of the pallium and the ring, a series of people went forward to kiss his ring and presumably pledge their obedience. That sounds like a very heavy moment, but it wasn't at all. He was smiling warmly and shaking their hands, even patting most of them on the hand as they congratulated him. It was quite lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home