puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Friday, June 24, 2005

Theology of the Body

Yeah, I know I said I wasn't going to blog today, but I just came across this and wanted to link to it quickly just in case you hadn't seen it before. It's a very good introduction to the Theology of the Body by Christopher West from the December 2004 issue of Crisis magazine. I'm not a regular reader of Crisis, but I just happened across an excerpt from this article on a website, so I went to the homepage to find the whole thing. If you know someone who wants a good intro to TOTB, pass this link along: The New Language: A Crash Course in the Theology of the Body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home