puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Thursday, September 08, 2005

And so it begins

No time to blog today, but perhaps tomorrow. Tonight I kick off my Scripture study of the Gospel of Luke, so say a prayer that the introductory session goes well. I'm nervous about this one. I've avoided doing a Bible study so far because I'm very far from being a Scripture scholar and I fear I may be getting in over my head. But several people have been asking me to do some Scripture, so I finally gave in. It remains to be seen whether that was a wise move. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

So...how'd it go

10:22 AM  
Blogger LC said...

So far, so good. Last night was just the intro to the Gospel -- you know, authorship, date, major themes, unique features, all that kind of stuff. The prep on this one was easy for me, since it was mostly research-oriented. In two weeks I'll start into the actual text itself, and that's when I'll be more nervous about saying something stupid. :)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home