puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Spinster humor

Yesterday's Zenit opened with this headline:

"Pope Stresses Need for God's Presence in Social Life"

"Hm," I thought, "God's just about the only one present in my social life." Oh, wait, he meant social life broadly speaking. Ohhhh! :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Better company than many keep....

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home