puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Monday, January 30, 2006

Nominations are open

It's award season -- no, I don't mean the Oscars. The annual Catholic Blog Awards! All of you blog addicts out there (you know who you are) can go here to nominate your favorite Catholic blogs. Some of the categories are kind of foregone conclusions -- I think Amy Welborn has been then unchallenged winner of Best Blog by a Woman since the awards' inception (and rightly so) -- but some of the more "narrow" categories usually result in some surprises.

In case you're not familiar with the CBAs, this is the first phase. They'll keep nominations open for a week and then tally them up. The 5 most frequent nominees for each category will then be listed and final voting in each category will commence. I just like the awards because I usually find some previously undiscovered blogs among the nominees...you know, to feed my blog addiction. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

What? No best promotion of smut?

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home