puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Friday, April 29, 2005

Weird

I suspect it's going to take me a while to really get used to JPII being gone. I find that this week when I read the phrase "the Pope" in a news story, I initially picture John Paul. Despite the fact I've been thinking about, reading about, and praying for Pope Benedict for over a week now, those two words "the Pope" still immediately bring our late beloved Papa to mind for a second or two, before I go, "Oh, wait a minute...." And it's still really strange to see somebody else in that white cassock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home