puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

1776



How in the world did I miss the publication of a new David McCullough book? And it's about my favorite period in American history, too! Well, it's probably 'cause I'm out of touch with most things. I just may have to make a Border's field trip this weekend. I don't think I can wait for the release of the paperback.

By the way, if you have never read McCullough's book in the Johnstown Flood, you really should add it to your must-read list. It's gripping as all get out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home