puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My summer reading list...with pictures!

What I'm reading now:


God is Near Us: The Eucharist, The Heart of Life Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger


Swimming With Scapulars: True Confessions Of A Young Catholic Matthew Lickona




What I'll be reading soon:



1776 David McCullough



Memory and Identity: Conversations at the Dawn of a Millennium Pope John Paul II



In This House of Brede (Loyola Classics) Rumer Godden




What I plan to be re-reading soon:



Salt of the Earth: The Church at the End of the Millennium: An Interview With Peter Seewald Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger


Middlemarch George Eliot


It wouldn't be surprising if any of these prompted a post or two. We'll see if I get inspired enough to scrabble together a "review" that's even remotely articulate. :) The Lickona book promises to be a really quick read, so that one is most likely to prompt a comment or two in the not-too-distant future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Let me know if the Rumer Gooden is good. I am suspicious of religious literature because one of the two labels is usually generaous

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home