puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Friday, June 24, 2005

Official Prayer for JPII's Intercession

From yesterday's Zenit. I'm going to start praying this one. If Papa JP's prayers could give me any clarity on the discernment front, not to mention a boatload more courage than I seem to have at the moment, then that will be a miracle! ;-)

VATICAN CITY, JUNE 23, 2005 (Zenit.org).- The Diocese of Rome published the written prayer to implore favors through the intercession of the late Pope John Paul II.

The prayer is being disseminated by the postulator of the cause of his beatification, Monsignor Slawomir Oder, of the Diocese of Torun, Poland. The monsignor is currently judicial vicar of the Court of Appeals of the Diocese of Rome.

In the last phase of the process of beatification, proof will be required of a miracle attributed to Karol Wojtyla's intercession. The process of beatification will officially begin June 28.

Here is the text of the prayer:

O Blessed Trinity,
We thank you for having graced the Church with Pope John Paul II
and for allowing the tenderness of your Fatherly care,
the glory of the cross of Christ,
and the splendor of the Holy Spirit, to shine through him.

Trusting fully in Your infinite mercy
and in the maternal intercession of Mary,
he has given us a living image of Jesus the Good Shepherd,
and has shown us that holiness is the necessary measure of ordinary Christian life and is
the way of achieving eternal communion with you.

Grant us, by his intercession, and according to Your will,
the graces we implore,
hoping that he will soon be numbered among your saints. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home