puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Easing back into things

[ HEAVY SIGH ]

Funeral day for my Grandma is winding down. I'll still need the evening to decompress a bit, I think, then I'll start posting again tomorrow. Funerals are so tiring. Standing in a room for hours surrounded by swarms of people is positively exhausting for an introvert. I really feel like I've had the life sucked out of me, and I attribute that to all the meet-n-greet I've had to do as much as to the grief.

I do want to thank everyone for your support -- those of you who came to the funeral home, those who sent flowers and cards, those who called, and of course those who prayed. The prayers must've helped -- I got through the readings at the funeral Mass without any gaffes and without blubbering even a bit. :)

Check back here tomorrow. There should be something new up on Ye Olde Blog by evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home