puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Croatia's got a weird take on "reality"

Earlier this morning, I sent this story to Father John, who's Polish on his mother's side and Croatian on his dad's. It's not often you see Croatia's lighter side in the news. :) The story cracked me up, especially the line, "I am not an insensitive bastard who abuses animals." For some reason, I just think it would be really funny to have that line put on a T-shirt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

OOOOHHHOOOOHHHHH...I forgot I have something essential to blog

12:07 PM  
Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Of course you saw it in the news earlier this summer that some guy from around ehre (and I mean somewhere in SW PA) was sentenced bya judge after torturing and abusing and killing his dog to wear a t-shirt or hold a sign or something at a busy intersection that said he killed his dog? I mean, soemthing along the lines of i am an insensitive bastard

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home