Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey
Maria Crocifissa Curcio
Zenit has a bio of another of the Servants of God to be beatified this weekend: Maria Crocifissa Curcio, founder of the Carmelite Missionary Sisters of St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus. I do believe Thérèse is quite pleased to lend her name to these missionary Carmelites, seeing as she wanted so much to be a missionary herself.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home