My busy weekend
Tomorrow I'm finally going to make it to the Carnegie Museum to see the Mysterious Bog People exhibit. My parents and I decided to make a day of it together, since each of us has his/her own reason for wanting to go into Pittsburgh: me for the museum visit, my Mom (and me!) to see the creche -- which believe it or not, we've never gone into town to see before -- and my Dad to eat at Max's Allegheny Tavern, a really good German restaurant on the North Side. We used to eat there about once a year when I was a kid, but I honestly can't remember the last time we went. It's been quite a while.
I took a vacation day to have Sunday night off, too. Gotta love those 4-day weekends! So on Sunday afternoon I'll be taking my cousins Tyler and Darcy to the movies to see "Pride & Prejudice." Yesterday when they were here for Thanksgiving dinner, I had the following conversation with Tyler -- who's now 16 and taller than I am, for those of you who remember him as the 5-year-old from the photos I had in my college dorm room.
Me: Your sister and I have been planning for a while to go see "Pride & Prejudice" this weekend. You're more than welcome to join us, but I wasn't sure whether you might consider it too much of a chick flick to come along.
Tyler: No, I'll come with you. I like movies, and I'm not picky about what I watch.
Me: Oh, good, I was hoping you'd come with us. It is supposed to be a very good film, judging by the reviews I've seen. And even if you end up hating it, I'm sure there are worse ways for you to spend your time than looking at Keira Knightley for 2 hours.
Tyler: [Grinning] Yeah, that part will be hard for me. You'll really have to twist my arm to get me to do that.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home