Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey
The new British ambassador
Yesterday Zenit reported the cool news that "Britain's Queen Elizabeth II appointed Francis Campbell ambassador of the United Kingdom to the Holy See, the first Catholic named to the post since Henry VIII broke with Rome in 1534." Yeah, it's just a symbolic gesture in the grand scheme of things, but a nice one.
1 Comments:
More than symbolic, I think. Have you noticed a little warmer handlign of Catholics in England in the past few years? Perhaps having something to do with a certain Mrs. Blair?
Post a Comment
<< Home