puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Under the weather

I've caught some kind of bug -- aches, headache, fever that comes and goes, overall lethargy -- so I'm home sick from work tonight. So although I'll have more time to blog today, I may not have the energy or the focus to do so. We'll see. I am still going to Mass this morning -- I'd have to be physically incapacitated before I'd stay home from Mass :) -- so it'll depend on how much the excursion takes out of me.

Note: Lest anyone fears that by going to Mass I am callously spreading my germs to others and desires to lecture me on the point -- which I've seen happen more than once in comboxes -- it should be noted that daily Mass only pulls about 20-30 regulars on any given day. This allows for plenty of space between people in the pews, and thus a generous "safety zone" which does not allow others to be directly exposed to germs. So there. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Don't forget to knock fists at the sign of peace :-)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home