puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Creed and General Intercessions

The Creed is being sung, which will be followed by the general intercessions. Reportedly they are to be in German, French, Arabic, Chinese and Portuguese.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Some of what I call the Crisis-Catholics that blog were alarmed at Arabic being used, like it was pandering. Ummm, it IS an official liturgical language of at least two Rites in our Church!

12:43 PM  
Blogger LC said...

*Sigh* When will American Catholics learn that they are not the center of the Church?

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home