puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Monday, May 16, 2005

Check out these cool photos

Jim Geraghty over at NRO's TKS blog -- the blog formerly known as The Kerry Spot, the name which still appears on the permalink pages for his posts for some reason, even though it disappeared from the main blog page ages ago -- relocated to Turkey (along with his wife) a couple of months ago and has been blogging from there ever since. I pop in on that blog maybe once a week to see if he's got any interesting Turkey posts and pictures up -- skipping any and all political posts, as I'm pretty sick of politics these days :). When I checked TKS today, I discovered that Geraghty has been traveling all around Europe recently. This past week he was in Hungary, and he's posted some really, really cool photos that he took there. This first one is a very odd collection of nesting dolls, that truly has to be seen to be believed. Then there's this one, the underground Church of Saint Gellert -- and that "underground" is literal in this case. It's in a cave. It's back in use in the post-communist era. And did you know that Hungary has Europe's largest synagogue? And here's one of the largest church in Budapest. Nifty photos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Randy loved Budapest when he was there, and he keeps threatening to take me there for vacation :-)

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home