puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

June Bugs!

For several years Cartoon Network has run a marathon of Looney Tunes cartoons on the first weekend in June. They've traditionally billed it, appropriately enough, "June Bugs." It is highly anticipated by me -- which is really a sad commentary on my lack of anything better to do with my time, when you think about it. :) It looks like this year the June Bugs marathon is set to air on their classic-cartoon spinoff network, Boomerang. If you don't have it in your cable lineup, you should call your cable company and complain until they add it. They show lots of good cartoons from days of yore. :) My 4-year-old niece is a big-time fan of Tom and Jerry and Popeye because of this network.

Here's a lineup for Saturday's and Sunday's Looney Tunes fest, for all you diehard LT fans out there. I have to say, you're a serious diehard if you know the cartoons by title. I tend to just leave the marathon on for most of the weekend and let it play in the background whilst I'm reading or web-surfing and stuff. Then I can catch the good ones when they come on.

The one of Bugs trying to capture the singing sword from the castle protected by Yosemite Sam, complete with knight's armor and his sneezing dragon steed, is a personal favorite.

"Whoa, Dragon! Whoa! Whoa! When I says 'whoa,' I mean 'whoa'! Dragons is soooo stupid."



2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Now that is what I call living!!!
What will you do if a good one is scheduled when you are to be at Mass? Praying Lauds?

2:29 AM  
Blogger LC said...

Yes, I do know how to live it up, don't I? And while I do like Bugs, but I can honestly say that he would never trump Jesus. :)

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home