puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Monday, November 21, 2005

My lovely Sunday

My parish had a celebration yesterday in honor of the Solemnity of Christ the King: two hours of Eucharistic Exposition and Adoration closed by Evening Prayer and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. We have a transitional deacon assigned to our parish right now (a soon-to-be-priest for the Wheeling diocese), so he had a chance to preside at Evening Prayer and Benediction for the first time. It was kind of amusing to see the pastor whispering directions to him and pointing to show him the right place in the Sacramentary when he'd forget what to do next. :-) Plus, anytime I get to sing Crown Him with Many Crowns and Tantum Ergo on the same day, you know I'm a happy girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Too bad you didn't get to do Panis Angelicus--a trifecta if you will.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Too bad you didn't get to do Panis Angelicus--a trifecta if you will.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home