puritas cordis

Monastic writers have a phrase that they use to describe what is necessary to enter into contemplation or communion with God. They call this "puritas cordis" or "an undivided heart." I picked the name 'cause I'm a sucker for a cool Latin phrase...but primarily because aiming for an undivided heart seems like the best way to spend your life. I can't promise all the posts here will lead to the lofty heights of contemplation, but I hope they will at least provide food for the journey

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Beatification photos

Just wanted to share a few interesting Reuters photos from this morning's beatification ceremony. I caught the last half of the ceremony on EWTN this morning. The Holy Father came after the Mass had ended to venerate the relics of the new blesseds and to greet the pilgrims present.


A tapestry portrait of Italian nun Bl. Maria Crocefissa Curcio.
Photo: REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi


Pope Benedict XVI prays in front of the relics of the new blesseds.
Photo: REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi


And, no, don't ask me exactly what's in that glass flask. I don't think we want to know. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home